Roger McNamee, founding partner of Elevation Partners and major investor in Palm, talks about how technology is changing the economy. Roger makes a lot of money guessing right about technology. to view the presentation
- Disintermediation allows anyone to become an independent operator.
- The future is on the mobile network
- Windows is a dead end, social networks are the new medium (although Twitter really doesn’t understand what they have)
- Redefine success in terms of wha tyou can monetize,
- Big doesn’t work
- Aesthetics matter
- Stay out of the way of giants and do what they can’t do
- Smartphones are a disruptive technology — at the cost of PCs
- If you’re going after companies, give them ways to get rid of people
- If you’re going after consumers, give them ways to be happier or have more time
- Social networking is giving value to get value
- You better have a plan! The idea that web 2.0 tech shouldn’t be planned is wrong.
- 1/3 of the people in California are on Facebook — it’s where the small guys should advertise
- Too many people have one morality at home and another at work.
- A jobless recovery is not a recovery