Before I write the article about how to pick a notebook computer, I thought I’d go through the contents of my computer bag. My premise is that whether the notebook weighs 3.5 pounds or a pound more is largely irrelevant due to all the extra stuff that gets carried along.
- Swiss Army notebook bag
- 6′ extension cord
- 6′ network cable
- 3′ USB/MiniUSB cable (to charge phone)
- 3′ cable for iRiver Clix music player
- Sony VGN-SZ230P computer
- power brick and cord for Sony
- Logitech bluetooth mini-mouse
- Kensington wireless presention remote control
- Apple AirPort Express wireless access point
- Kensington cable lock
- iRiver Clix 2GB music player
- Sennheiser 250 noise canceling headphones
Of course, that doesn’t include the papers that go along when traveling.